Like many parts of the U.S., Maine is experiencing a rise in overdose rates. Many of these instances of overdose are fatal, too. It’s no exaggeration to say that drug and alcohol addiction negatively affects the health and quality of life of many Maine residents.
If you or someone you know is looking for a drug addiction treatment center near Falmouth, Maine, reach out to Casco Bay Recovery. Call 844.956.3520 or contact our team online.
Why Is Our Alcohol and Drug Rehab Center near Falmouth, Maine an Ideal Choice for People Struggling with Addiction?
Falmouth is a town in Cumberland County, Maine. Its population is small, although it’s part of the Portland–South Portland–Biddeford metropolitan area of the state. The town is also home to the Portland Yacht Club and three private golf clubs — which makes Falmouth, Maine an ideal place to have nearby when you’re working on your addiction recovery. Maine is also known for its pristine coastal regions and its beautiful land preserves.
And because Maine has also made great strides into dealing with the opioid epidemic of the U.S., addiction treatment is a common topic in this area. You’d be hard-pressed to find instances of stigma when it comes to handling or talking about substance use disorders.
In Maine, you will find many addiction treatment centers with programs and services that help their clients rebuild their lives and maintain their sobriety. These services may include professionally led interventions, medical detox, inpatient rehab, outpatient addiction treatment, and follow-up sessions as part of aftercare. Prospective clients and their families can take heart in knowing that drug and alcohol rehab centers near Falmouth, Maine provide effective and compassionate professional help.
What Should You Look for in an Alcohol and Drug Addiction Treatment Center in Falmouth, Maine?
If you’re searching for a drug rehab center near Falmouth, Maine, the first thing you need to consider is that location shouldn’t be your top priority. Sure, your family will find it easier to visit and participate in certain treatments if you choose a nearby facility to get admitted into a residential program. But, sometimes, going far away to heal from addiction may be better for some people — such as those with a home life or typical environment that’s riddled with distraction and triggers, for example.
You should consider many factors when you’re determining which rehab center is best for your particular circumstances. Here are some that are the most important for many treatment seekers:
- Inpatient vs. outpatient: Inpatient programs require clients to stay at the rehab facility, while outpatient programs allow clients to stay home and follow a regular schedule that involved them going to treatment sessions at the rehab facility on certain days.
- Treatment length: Some programs last only a few weeks or a month while others can last at least half a year. Research shows that a longer treatment length increases the success state of a program. However, some clients may not have the resources — or the patience to wait in line for public health options — to consider longer treatment lengths.
- Specialties: Every rehab center has a different set of addictions that they specialize in treating or a different type of client that they make unique programs for. For example, many facilities specialize in treating alcoholism or clients with a dual diagnosis.
- Treatments and therapies: While most programs are the same when it comes to their goals, the way they reach those goals may be vastly different. Most of these differences have to do with the range of treatments and therapies that are offered by facilities. Before getting admitted into a facility, make sure that what they offer aligns with what you need and what you respond to effectively.
- Amenities and luxuries: Like treatments and therapies, every facility will have a different set of amenities and luxuries available. Make sure that the facility you pick has the amenities and luxuries you can’t live without — especially if you’re looking to get admitted into a residential program.
What’s the Benefit of Recovering at an Alcohol and Drug Addiction Treatment Center near Falmouth, Maine?
The beauty and historical significance of many areas of Maine provide an interesting and invigorating environment that can support people working on addiction recovery.
Locals know that addiction treatment services in Maine can help people build a fulfilling and drug-free life. Substance use disorders are so common among locals that they’re well-versed in the negative effects of addiction — such as lifelong health problems and even fatal overdoses. That’s why there are so many statewide prevention programs and easy access to addiction treatment, even for locals that don’t have health insurance.
A huge part of the state population is either also in addiction recovery or is close to someone on that path. It’s so much easier to go through life post-treatment and maintain sobriety when there are people in your community doing it, too — and that’s what staying near Falmouth, Maine is like. Apart from focusing on addiction treatment, other initiatives that authorities in Maine work on to deal with the opioid epidemic include the following:
- Mass-reach health communication
- Prescription monitoring
- Substance use prevention
- Youth engagement and empowerment
Ready to Learn More About Casco Bay Recovery’s Addiction Treatment Options near Falmouth, Maine?
If you or someone you care about is struggling with addiction near Falmouth, Maine, reach out to Casco Bay Recovery. You can call 844.956.3520 or contact our team online.