Menu Close

Cigna Drug Rehab Coverage

GET IN TOUCH

Contact Us Today!

We’ll help you break free from addiction and build the life you deserve. Learn how today.

Making the decision to go to addiction treatment is the crucial first step in the recovery process. It can also be a stressful time. There are a lot of moving pieces happening all at once as your life changes drastically. The one thing you shouldn’t have to worry about is how you are going to pay for treatment once you get there.

Many insurance companies provide insurance coverage for mental health and substance abuse treatment. Depending on your insurance provider and plan, your treatment might even be covered in full.

We understand the importance of getting the help you need at a price you can afford. That’s why we partner with a number of insurance providers to make sure their clients get the help that they need. We are also proud to announce that we are now working with Cigna Health Insurance as an in-network provider.

That means that if you are a Cigna client, you can come to us for drug rehab including:

  • Detox
  • Inpatient treatment
  • Outpatient treatment
  • Partial Hospitalization
  • Telehealth Treatment
  • Dual Diagnosis Treatment
  • Support Programs including 12-step programs
  • Therapy

Keep reading to learn more about your Cigna insurance plan as it pertains to substance abuse and mental health treatment.

What Is Cigna Insurance?

cigna drug rehab

Cigna is one of the largest health insurance providers in the world, serving over 190 million customers in over 30 countries. Cigna not only covers your basic healthcare coverage, but they also provide coverage for a wide range of mental health and substance abuse conditions as well.

Cigna offers plans for individuals, families, and employers including HMO plans, EPO plans, POS plans, and PPO plans. For most of their PPO and HMO plans, they offer 5 different tiers, all with different deductibles:

  • Bronze – This plan is the most affordable but also comes with the highest out-of-pocket expenses. With the bronze plan, Cigna will pick up 60% of the tab and you are on the hook for the other 40%.
  • Silver – Cigna covers 70% of the cost and the client pays the other 30%
  • Gold – With the gold plan, Cigna pays 80% and the client pays 20%
  • Platinum – The platinum plan is the most expensive but also comes with the highest amount of coverage. With the platinum plan, Cigna covers 90% of the cost and you are only responsible for the other 10%.

If you have any questions about your Cigna insurance plan including what it covers or what tier it falls under, you can either reach out to your insurance representative or you can give us a call. We will take a thorough look at your insurance policy and discuss what is and isn’t covered as well as any potential out-of-pocket expenses before you begin treatment.

Cigna Drug Rehab Coverage: What Does Cigna Cover?

Treatment is not a “one-size-fits-all” thing. Each person requires their own unique treatment plan that is created to address their substance abuse and/or mental health condition. Cigna understands the importance of not just treatment, but the right kind of treatment. That’s why most Cigna plans cover a variety of treatment options from start to finish.

We provide treatment for a number of substance abuse and mental health conditions including:

  • Alcohol
  • Prescription drugs
  • Opioids
  • Benzos
  • Cocaine
  • Fentanyl
  • Stimulants
  • Depressants
  • Hallucinogens
  • Psychological and psychiatric conditions
  • Behavioral addictions such as gambling addiction

Based on the Cigna plan you have and the tier that your plan falls under, your treatment might be covered with little out-of-pocket expenses. If you are unsure about what your plan covers and how much of it is covered, you can reach out to your insurance representative or you can get in contact with us. We will look over your plan and then work with both you and Cigna to make sure you get the treatment you need at a price you can afford.

Does Cigna Cover Detox?

cigna rehab planDetox is not just the first step in the recovery process, it might also be the most crucial. Detox is done to rid the body of any and all harmful substances. Without doing that, the body and brain can’t begin the healing process.

Due to the nature of detoxing and the withdrawal symptoms associated with it, it is strongly recommended that the detox process be done under the care and supervision of trained medical professionals. This could be at either a local medical facility, a dedicated detox center, or a treatment center that also offers detox services such as. Self-detox not only has the potential to be incredibly dangerous, but it can also increase the risk of relapse since the cravings and withdrawal symptoms are so severe during this time.

Cigna knows the importance of detox to the overall recovery process which is why they include it in their insurance plans. In fact, most of their insurance plans cover both inpatient and outpatient (ambulatory) detox. Depending on your Cigna plan and tier, you may even be able to undergo detox at little to no out-of-pocket expense.

What Treatment Programs Does My Cigna Plan Cover?

Once detox has been completed, the next step is to enter into a treatment program. We offer inpatient, outpatient, and partial hospitalization programs all of which might be covered by your Cigna insurance plan.

Inpatient treatment is one of the safest and most effective treatment methods for both substance abuse and mental health issues. As the name implies, during inpatient treatment you live at the facility while you undergo treatment.

Inpatient treatment eliminates the temptations that surround us during our everyday lives. It also provides access to additional services such as medical care and supervision and nutrition.

For those who need a structured treatment plan, inpatient treatment provides just that by scheduling out your day from the time you wake up to the time you go to sleep.

While inpatient is often the preferred treatment method amongst treatment professionals it’s not perfect for everyone. Some people don’t want to put their life on hold and live at a treatment center for weeks or even months. Others are simply unable to whether it be for financial reasons or commitments they have. In some cases, the mental health condition or substance abuse problem isn’t severe enough to warrant inpatient treatment.

Whatever the reason may be, those who need it can get the help they require through outpatient treatment. The good news is, your Cigna plan covers outpatient treatment as well!

With outpatient treatment for addiction, you go to the facility during the day for your various therapy sessions and then you go home when you are done. While the therapy sessions are the same with inpatient and outpatient treatment, since you aren’t living at the facility you might not have access to some of the additional services that those in inpatient treatment get.

Outpatient treatment tends to be much cheaper than inpatient treatment since you aren’t living at the facility. Depending on your Cigna plan, you might get more of the cost of treatment covered if you go the outpatient route.

While we understand that cost might be a factor when choosing a treatment option, we don’t want you to have to choose a treatment plan that might not be best for you simply based on cost. That’s why we will work with both you and your Cigna representative to make sure you get the treatment that you need for the right price.

What Else Does Cigna Cover?

Not everyone that enters treatment does so strictly for a substance abuse issue. Many people who are suffering from addiction are also suffering from a mental health condition, either diagnosed or undiagnosed.

We understand that your mental health and well-being are just as important as your physical health. That’s why we offer a variety of mental health and dual diagnosis services including treatment for psychotic and behavioral disorders as well as psychological and psychiatric services, support groups, and a variety of therapies including:

Thanks to your Cigna insurance plan, these additional services may be available to you at little to no out-of-pocket expense.

Is Cigna Considered In-Network?

We are proud to announce that Cigna is now an in-network provider. What this means for you is that depending on your Cigna plan and tier you can get the treatment you need at little to no cost.

Even if your policy does not cover your treatment 100%, since Cigna is in-network, your coverage will be greater than those with an out-of-network provider.

cigna plantinum plan

Use Your Cigna Drug Rehab Coverage Benefits at Casco Bay Recovery

We believe that your #1 priority should be getting the help that you need, not how much it will cost. If you are curious about what your Cigna insurance plan will cover before starting treatment, you can reach out to your insurance representative. Or, you can contact us here at Casco Bay Recovery in Portland, Maine. We will look over your policy and let you know about any out-of-pocket expenses you might be responsible for.